Your Visa Eligible Criteria for Visas
- A valid passport, where the expiry date is beyond the intended period of stay.
- A valid return or onward ticket to the country of origin or residence.
- A confirmed booking for accommodation – for example, a booking at a hotel. If the person travelling is being sponsored by a Mauritian citizen, they will need to produce evidence of sponsorship, stating their name, address, profession, relationship, national identity card number and telephone number.
- Sufficient funds to meet the costs of stay (US$100 per night).
- A pledge not to engage in any profit-making activities.
- Duly filled and signed application forms are available at http://passport.govmu.org
- The following documents must be provided:
Two recent passport-sized photographs;
A photocopy of data pages within the traveller’s passport; and a photocopy of the residence/re-Entry visa with three months validity, where applicable.
- An average of five working days is required for processing applications and for a visa to be issued, provided all relevant documents are submitted.
Citizens of most contries do not need a visa or may obtain a visa on arrival to Mauritius for tourism purpose.
Please consult the visa section of the Prime Minister's office to view more info.
Click here to view (i) lists of countries whose citizens are exempted from visa; (ii) lists of countries whose citizens are granted visa on arrival; and (iii) lists of countries whose citizens require a visa prior to undertaking their travel to Mauritius